Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Downtown East

After a long time planning of wanting to do something different from shopping (which is the only common thing that can be done in Singapore) I decided to have some fun.

Downtown East is a place for family to have fun. Trust me, it has lots of fun but the place is not as big as I anticipated.

This is where I lined up to purchase my ticket.

While lining up, I noticed as directory list with an attractive name.... Mr Bean... Hmm, I wonder why there is such shop that has Mr Bean's name... I did not visit the shop but my guess is that the shop is selling all stuffs to what of Mr Bean's likings.

After purchasing the key, I thought I would receive a wristband like in "Rain Forest Music Festival" or "Genting Theme Park", but instead I received a funkey with a elastic band to place on the wrist. This key enables you to place the amount of you money you want and acts like a debit card. You can do moneyless transaction while you are inside the park having fun.

This is the entry of the fun place I am about to explore.

1st impression... "Ok lar... so so nia...." but at least I get to play water even thought I do not know how to swim.. Muahahaha....

I tried this "cycling" in mid air... so.. it is damn scary... imagine your cycle is only strapped with 4 wheels to a single pole... and your speed is based on your strength.... with this height, I do not think you would want to cycle alone... shit... damn scary... "WARNING: Those with heart problem and are afraid of heights, please do not attempt to try at all!!"

This is the fun part of the whole place. There is a timer for the water to be filled up and once it is going to be full, there will be a bell sound to signal the crowd. As you can see in the picture, people are gathering at the bottom to get "dumped". I did not try it but the looks of it is fun. Why did I not try it? I am scared lar.... I will feel suffocated with such amount of water gushing onto me.. I feel like I am drowning... :-(

I know the picture is blur and you must be wondering what I am trying to show... but if you really have good eye sight, then you can see what I am trying to highlight. It is an invisible pass for your unlimited entry for the day.

After a day of fun, my hunger is overcome with a scrumptious meal of Burger King.

Other some bits of fun to do after a fun day of water playing.

Horse riding anyone?

Bye bye to Downtown East.........
PS: the invisible key is a UV light chop..

No comments:

Post a Comment