Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Durian, King of Fruits

I remember when I was young, my mom would use to buy gunny sacks after gunny sacks of durians for me and my brothers. We would have durians for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, supper. You can say that when it is durian season, we will be eating alot. Mom and my brothers will be the one opening the durians for me. Yea.. I am just so afraid of their torns.

I have not been eating durians for years already. The last time I ate durian was back in Kuching in 2003. Ever since then, I have never touched durians because I find the smell is pungent. You smell of fermented durian when you burp, fart, pee and even shit (if ate too much). This king of fruit is quite heaty but older generations believes that if you drink salt water from the skin, it will help to get rid of the heatiness in the body to counter the effect of eating durian.

Well, I have been in Singapore for 1.5 years already and everytime I pass the stalls selling durian, I will have a smirk remark in my heart.. "Dang.. bloody expensive!". Do you know how much it costs for a packet of durian with 5 pieces in SG? Stinking SGD10 at least. The least is SGD8 but the size is so small. Imagine paying RM8 for a durian back home? I think I can have 2 durians. Tastes so original also...

Recently I have been craving for durian... (aiya... don't think nonsense lar.. not preggie lar!!). I am just having cravings and durian came into my mind. So I actually lined up for 30 minutes just to purchase this durian pancake for SGD1.50 per piece. In SG, the famous stalls are "Four Season Durian". It is a trademark brand in SG.


Yummy... I burped durian. Muahahaha... so you can imagine how my room will smell now. Haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment