Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Toy To Play With

Last Saturday was the day that I finally spent a lum sum of money on a new toy which I have been waiting for a long time. I got this....
Macro Lens EF100mm F2.8. Not cheap but it is worth buying after testing out many shots. Very satisfying but I can assure you that this lens is not a common lens because it is very good for macro. It is good for potrait too, surprisingly. Tried that.. dang.. even my pores are so damn visible (sorry, no posting of my picture here.. haha). The sharpness is superb. I am happy with the buy. The reason why I bought this macro lens is because I love to take closeup shots. It does look nice. You can actually use this lens as a normal lens but the trick is that you don't stand too near to the object if you want to capture the whole object. If you want part of it, you can go as close as about 15cm away from the object. This is where the macro works. Every single lining or markings are very visible (like my pores.. haha).

Coach tag ... See how clear the leather marking (dots)... This is what macro is all about, clarity.

My ring.. haha.. looks so big here but in actual fact it is not that big lor..

I love this blue... power button of a Toshiba notebook.

My i-pod shuffle... look how small it is on my notebook...

(Under expose but I want to show the macro POV)


This the baby that keeps me company during my journeys & jogs... yay...



See the clarity of the flower? Even the threading can be seen so clearly...

Lights on the notebook.... awesome...


2 comments:

  1. wow... hope to see many more cool photos from you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow when i see the texture i am convinced how good this macro lens is!

    ReplyDelete