Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kuching Food and 2011 Lunar Rabbit Year

My time in Kuching for the Lunar New Year for 2011 celebration for the year of te rabbit has been fruitful. Which means I have gained 1kg. Cricky...




This is the lo-Hei we bought from sakae-sushi and brought it back to kuching for our family to "flow the prosperity" as high as possible.. And also our family reunion lunch.



Beautiful and yet simple lunch for the reunion. I love it.



A must-to-drink teh-c peng, famous drink and specialty of Sarawak.



My favorite dish, Butter-Chicken Rice.



A must-do errand in Kuching. Enjoying cakes back in Kuching.



Sarawak laksa. I got the paste back to SG so that I can cook it when I want to.



Siew-Mai from sibu. SIL got it when coming back to kuching.



Carbonara spaghetti from Basaga. See the lemon and the portion. It's quite little but yet I can't finish it.



Ambience of Basaga. This place is actually a hotel. Not bad but I can say te service should improve. I waited quite awhile for the order and the bill.



The comfy seating area.



Homemade bao by FIL. I like it alot that I ate 3.



Love the pattern of it. It's really homemade.



Homemade ice-cream. Kampung style ice-cream.



Belacan beehoon. One of the unique dish that only can be found in Kuching.



White-lady. The best one is from Hui Sing Garden but I didn't get it from there. I got it together with the belacan beehoon (top) and kolo Mee (below). Yummy.



Kolo Mee with red sauce.



Rojak (mixed fruit with "rojak" sauce).



Mixed vegetable noodle in sweet sauce from Da Wa Kung.



Another round of secret recipe treat.



Deep fried popiah. The size of it is a thumb-size.



Midin, this is a unique vegetable which can only be found in Sarawak. Not even in West Malaysia.



Steam fish.



Oyster with egg, fried.



View from the flight deck, on the way back to Singapore.



This is the ugly me where my hair is long and after my facial before the lunar year.



Well, this is my yearly ritual. Haha.. Surely visit Hairdo. And everytime I forget to take picture with my hair stylist. I cut it shorter this time.



Haha... Highlight it.



See the heater? It's so futuristic.



My new hairdo during the night time.



And here is the outcome. I look so sleepy. This is the next day look after my first wash, without hair blown.



My hair tied up with my old glasses. I did make a new glasses, will show the new glasses in another update.

Cheers!

--> iPhone blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Gong Xi Fa Cai To You and KY! We miss you. OMG..so much food..hehe..don't worry bout gaining weight..eating is a joy. You still look great and I like your new hairstyle. Pretty pretty. :) You look like you are in your 20's leh..didn't change much lor.

    ReplyDelete