Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

21-09-2009: After Effect

Waking up with a new status has a different feeling. With a band on the left-handed 4th finger (literally and metaphoricly speaking) really makes a difference.

Seeing my husband (now feeling awkward with the word cause it was fiance the night before) beside me is a sight where I want to see everyday. Seeing him asleep makes me subtle and calm. I love watching him sleep (even when he drools... *Sorry darling for sayong out the ugly side of you, muah*). The feeling as a newly wed bride is good. We had a wonderful night (dinner).

*Will blog about the day, 20-09-2009*

The After effect:
Well... Monday, 21-09-09 is where the after feeling comes in. Families and friends gathered in Singapore to share the joy of our union. We had breakfast with my new family. I met up with my mom, my brother Jason & SIL (when he was about to leave), Janet, Chung Yew, Shui Fook and KY Tan this morning before they left. I wanted to meet them for the last time, before the next time we will meet (which probably would be CNY next year).

After having breakfast with my new family, we bid farewell. My eldest SIL goes back to KL, my 2nd SIL goes to Kuching then back to USA, my 3rd SIL goes back to Australia and my FIL-MIL and youngest SIL goes back to Kuching. My brother & SIL goes back to KL, mom went back to Melaka. Other friends who came from Kuching and KL, all went home. Aunt Maureen came from KL but flew to Hong Kong directly from Changi. I went back to the suite and met up with June before she headed back to KL. We chatted and had lunch together, complementary from the hotel. However we were disappointed cause my cod-fish was rubbery and June's steak was too well done instead of med-well done. Anyways, it was complemetary, but the wedding reception buffet was delightful cause many positive remarks on the food.

After bidding June farewell, I headed back to the suite and did the last minute checking/packing before checking out. The bill came... hahaha.. never in my life have I ever received a 5-figure bill. Muahaha... the irony of hosting a wedding reception.

Anyways, we took the cab back to my current place and started unpacking. As I was unpacking, a surge of sadness went through me and I started shedding tears. Tears were rolling down my cheek because I miss my friends and families (his and mine). I kept on sobbing on-and-off. Heart was heavy. Seeing families and friends gathered in Singapore was a happy moment but seeing everyone leaving is a sad moment. Sad to see them leave... I never felt this sad before seeing all leaving. Usually I don't easily shed tears when bidding off someone farewell/best of luck to somewhere else. But I guess when there is a meaning behind the meet, then it is hard to bid someone farewell.

This is what I am feeling today, 21-09-2009. I was just talking to my eldest brother and I felt sad too. He is so far away (in KL, though it is just a flight away). Having his presence was good cause he represents my dad (who is with the Lord). And there is Aaron here in Singapore. Lucky he is here, then at least I won't feel very sad. But I do feel sad to see my SIL and Gwen leaving back to KL too but I guess I will make plans to go back and see them as often as I can. I even message June and told her how I feel. As I am typing this blog, I feel sad. I want to sob. Lucky darling is here to console me that feeling sad is good cause it means that I love these people and they meant so much to me. Yes I do love them and if can I want to be with them all the time but they have their own family and love ones to attend too.

2 comments:

  1. i can understand how you feel but don't think too much about it..coz everyone can still be contacted via phone,e-mails,facebook,twitter and even blog!! It's great when families are around I do agree..maybe we should do a family reunion/gathering once a year..can take turn to host it..either KL or SG!It would be fun!
    P/S:X'mas would definitely be in our house..wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your post making me sob too. *sigh* Yeah..agree with Mich. We should have gatherings more often. Don't be sad ok. Enjoy your honeymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete