Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

A Day Out of the Island/Singapore

Living in the island is pretty boring after awhile as everything and everywhere looks the same. Honestly, living in Singapore is not as cheap as what people think. Food is affordable but personally, there isn't anything original in Singapore. At least with Kuching you can find Sarawak Laksa, or Kolo Mee. In Melaka, you have the ikan bakar, he-piah, siew mai, etc. In KL, you can find Wa-tan-hor. In Singapore there are similar food but the taste are far from being original. Even the Taiwan beef noodle is not as nice as the one I tasted in Kuching. Of course, according to darling, the original noodle in Taiwan is still the best.

The properties in Singapore are not cheap. Just a normal HDB flat is about SGD250-350k. Hmm... so if you need a roof, make sure both partners are working or else, single earner cannot survive. Those who are not married usually stays with their parents. Unlike in Malaysia, single earner does still exists. With SGD350k, you can get a nice double storey/semi-detached home in Malaysia.

Anyways, my brother suggested going to Johor for the weekend. And yes we did go over. My bro, Jenn and myself. Darling didn't join because he doesn't like hot weather. If he sweats, he will be in bad mood and will spoil my shopping mood. So he decided to stay back in Singapore and had his karaoke sessions with the guys.

The first thing we did was to head out for a place to eat. Yummy... Brother took us to Wong Kok and when we saw the price, we were telling ourselves how fortunate we are for working in Singapore and spending in Malaysia. For dinner, we had Kim Gary. We did shopping too. I manage to dye my hair with cut and treatment. I bought darling 1 shirt and 3 pairs of socks. Jenn bought her blouses. She is very satisfied with the buys. Bro got what he wanted. For those who did not join us also got what they wanted. Haha. People used to say that it is not safe for us to cross over the checkpoint in Johor for the old custom. Yes, that is true. But ever since with the new custom checkpoint in Johor, it is pretty safe. After the immigration, you just need to walk till we reach City Square.


Kim Gary food we had for dinner.

Mushroom rice with fish

Yin-Yang Milk Tea

Chicken Drumlets

Black Pepper Chicken Rice

Korean Style Noodle


Wong Kok for lunch.



Our drinks

Fried Noodle

Noodle in Spicy Soup

Fried Udon
I ordered fried udon because I was reading my SIL#2 blog's on what she prepared for a meal. Yummy. I like what I ordered. The food we spent for the day was amounted to about RM120. That is about SGD50. Imagine, SGD50 is only 1 meal for 2 in just a decent restaurant. In Malaysia, it is 3 pax for 2 meals. Isn't it great? It is good to be home. :)
Bottom line is that we enjoyed ourselves alot for the day. I was pretty tired. Darling was so worried about me because I seldom gone out the whole day and even reaching home quite late. My style is always getting home as early as possible so that I can sleep by 10pm. Hey, it is the weekend and it was a Saturday, I have the privilege to sleep late and enjoy myself the whole day. It does feel good to be home spending the ringgit.

4 comments:

  1. So kesian you all, until cari makan in JB haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YL: Haha.. now you knw.. it was AFS idea.. u knw lar he... hardly 1 mth here already say SG boring.. haha.. but now going to JB is much safer.. but only within City Square. If further outside, then have to be very careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AFS is a kaki jalan..haha. He is lonely lar..poor Daddy. Yeah..JB is not so safe. AFS is around to accompany you girls so not that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YL: Yealor.. this AFS really kaki jalan.. if he is not here.. I NEVER even think of going JB at all.. went once and told myself not to go again. mana tau AFS here, me and my friend Jenn pulak join him.. AFS also happy cause got kaki to go with.. haha.. Jenn oso got ask me to go with her but I don't dare.. who knows the new custom is quite safe lor..

    ReplyDelete