Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another Year Had Passed.... What Is Next?

Another year has passed and 2009 is an Ox year which chinese astrologers say it is not a good year... err... I am a Nyonya and a Christian, I do not believe all these lar but then again, best follow the rest.. haha.. It will be another Valentines' in Singapore for us... and I just wonder how will the people celebrate it this year as all are aware that the economy of Singapore is in crisis, especially in the Finance and Manufacturing sector.
To be honest, I went shopping last night and today and I do not see SG in crisis or recession.. Many people are still shopping.. haha, including myself. I bought a few stuffs.. Hehe.. how can a lady like me resist temptations of shopping? When you have the means, why not spend it. At least, shopping makes me happy but still within my control.
I even manage to get something practical for my darling. I took quite a long time to think what to get for him and even asked close friends what to get for a guy. Many suggested something that he likes to do. Well, basically he has what he needs and what he likes so that is totally out of the choices. As I mentioned, I went shopping yesterday and then I suddenly saw something which I know it will look good on him and also practical for him... I just hope he likes it (not sharing the picture now because he reads this blog... haha).

Last year's Valentines' that he got for me.. haha.. I just wonder what is in-store for me this year...

5 comments:

  1. You are lucky Ting is a romantic fella.Which month is he born by the way?Just curious.THey say cancerian guys are romantic.
    Well,J your bro is not the romantic type.He doesn't really celebrate Valentines (only during our initial courtship...)but there was one time he send flowers to my office (but only because I gave him a hint that my other colleague's bf is sending her one and I so totally want one too!)
    Actually I was in SG last Thurs and yes,I do agree that Singaporeans are still acting as if there is no recession..guess they are a lot of rich ppl there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw,I'm presenting you with an award.pls check it out at my blog,

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Fiona, hey...nice to learn you're a Nyonya lady.
    Wow! My mom too...pure Nyonya. So? You wear the sarong kebaya? Ha ha.

    Lucky hubby...men are easy to buy presents. But women?
    Ahhh, Handbages or a dress....
    incidentally 80% of my wife's clothes are choosen by me. Thats why she drag me take her to the stores, ha ha.

    Talking about Nonyas..I did 2 postings about Nyonyas...if you got nothing better to do, take a peek at my archive...
    1/ A love without end, d/d 9/27/08.

    2/ Marry first, fall in love later, d/d 11/28/08.

    You have a nice weekend Fiona....by the way, bet you can cook pong teh, huh? Ha ha. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart of you to give yr darling a hint by posting this..hehe. Just kidding la. I'm glad to be back. :) You know some recipes..haha..guess you are becoming a good cook now. We will be catering for the upcoming house warming party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fiona, you read about Irene yet? Love to hear your comment on that, Lee.

    ReplyDelete