Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

Migraine.. Beat Them or Join Them

What is Migraine? Migraine is defined as recurrent headache with following symtomps:-

  • abdominal pain
  • nausea or vomiting
  • throbbing headache
  • specific location of pain
  • sensitivity to light and sound
  • associated "aura"
  • relief with sleep (headaches that awaken children, or early morning
  • family history of migraines

I am having migraine now. It is a throbbing pain on my right eye ball. Everytime I hear loud sounds or uncomfortable sounds, I feel the throbbing pain. Even the slightest sound of footsteps make me wanna bang my head to the wall. And light.... the bright light really is not helping, and that is why I need to darkened the room. At least this is what the doctor advised and what I remember when daddy had his migraine when I was young. I guess I got it from dad. I remember mom had to make sure the whole room is pitch dark and we were not allowed to play in the house.

I just hope the migraine go away soon so that I can enjoy life as usual.

Doctor's advise...

  • Sleep in dark room with cooling temperature
  • Avoid coffee/tea/chocolate with caffeinne
  • Fried/Oily food
  • Sleep as much as possible
  • Over-stress? Destress yourself

3 comments:

  1. So young already got migraine?? I think you don't have enough sleep coupled with stress la. Are you eating well or dieting? Always eat outside without soup no good eh. Hope yr migraine go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yealor.. I guess I got it from dad cause he has migraines. Yea.. add on from stress and maybe diet.. soup? got.. everytime lunch time sure take soup from cafeteria..

    Yea.. I hope it goes away soon cause I wanna enjoy my time in KL.. Woohoo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fiona, regret to read you have that horrible migrane.
    Try where possible take an afternoon nap, even 15 minutes.
    As well drink Chinese Green tea, 3, 5 cups a day.

    Or if bad, take an Aspirin. But check with your doc first. Try relaxing, don't watch
    ' Sex in the city' on TV, then get high blood pressure, ha ha, just kidding.
    Try reading a good book to help relax your mind.
    Harry the Pot or whatever.

    You sure its not hay fever, huh?
    Again...drink Chinese Green tea.
    You just stay easy and hope it will go away soon.

    Maybe I should take a bus come over, make green tea for you, put a cold towel on your forehead?
    Ha ha. Lee.

    ReplyDelete