Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pongteh Dish

I am a Nyonya and I have been wanting to cook peranakan food ever since I am in Singapore. Kinda miss home cook food. Finally with a home, I get to cook whatever I want. I decided to start with something simple to give me a kick start in peranakan food.

I decided on Pongteh. It is a simple dish and it is also easy to do.
Needs only 3 ingredients (garlic, onion & tauchio). Rest are for flavour.





Anyone who wants the recipe, do leave me a comment. Simple dish yet very delicious. It is best eaten with Sambal Belacan, but I didn't make any cause I cannot find "belanca" in Singapore yet... Will try to hunt for one if not will ask someone to "import" it for me from Malaysia.

2 comments:

  1. its not complete without sambal belacan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, wow! You made this? Outstanding! This is a typical Nyonya dish. No Nyonya worth her salt doesn't know how to make this.
    All pure Nyonyas will learn to make sambal belachan, then this one.
    Good for you Fiona. Well done.
    And it sure looks delicious.

    Your hubby must be a proud man having a wife learning to cook all this. Wayyyyy to go, Fiona! Lee.

    ReplyDelete