Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Gloves in a Bottle

I have always been having problems in finding the best moisturiser for my skin. As a female, moisturising lotion for the skin is essential. We need to keep the moisture in us so that we can have supple and youthful skin. Need to maintain the good appearance in us or else, one will look at the corner of the eye and give an awkward stare/expression. No one likes to look at a young lady with high wrinkled skin. I know I wouldn't want that. My brother Aaron and wife (SIL#2) already mentioned that my hands are rough, back in November... sob sob.. So it is time to get some action to repair the rough skin... but my darling says it is soft and smooth leh... Hmm....

I have used products with prices from low to upper range. Brands are like Nivea, Johnson & Johnson's, Victoria's Secret Garden range, Bath & Body Works, Evelyn & Cabtree, Prada and so forth. Somehow some works fine for me (for a little while) while others do not work at all. Some smells good and some smells so so. Some have oily and sticky texture while some have smooth feeling. End of the day, I do not have a lotion that suits me in all aspects that I need. Hmm... I should create a lotion of my own...

Anyways, as I was reading through my SIL#2's blog back in October 2008, I came across this product which she recommended. Haha... of course I tried to get a sample and with good omen, I did but I ended up getting a bottle itself. Well, first impression of the lotion was.... it looks so medicine-like. The lotion is white and it is quite thick. It looks yucky to me but trust me, it works for me. I have a patch of dry skin which is unnoticable at my left elbow and have been trying sorts of lotion to heal it, but with no avail. Somehow, this lotion helps a little.

Looking at the label "Glove in a Bottle", it does help me in a wafer-fab environment. Fab environment is very harsh to the skin as it tends to dry it up. With this lotion, it helps to lock the moisture to the skin while protecting the skin from harsh environment. Somehow, this is odourless and good to use in office because in the cube that I am seating right now, 2 colleagues are allergy to perfumes.


Looking at the bottle, it looks so ugly but hey, the lotion works wonders to heal the dry patch at the elbow. I must say that with the sticky feeling, it works to make your hands protected for a long time. How much this cost? I really do not have any idea. So, for those who are interested, you can email to Pete Grimaldi (petegrimaldi@earthlink.net) for further enquiries about the lotion. It took around 3 weeks for a surprise package from States to arrive. Yet, it took me 3 months plus to get this reviewed, as a promise to Pete (Sorry Pete... I really needed to see the result before reviewing this.. hehe).

2 comments:

  1. Hey..your hands not that rough la. Your darling says they are soft and smooth so you shouldn't worry about it..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.. maybe its rough but he covers up by saying its smooth to make me happy? You know how guys are... haha.. but then the lotion helps me a little.. not too bad... thanks for recommending..

    ReplyDelete