Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Coin Depositing

I cannot believe this... I went to the bank.. and the queue was so damn long... Too many queues and I just simply asked the officer...

Me : Hi, can I know where is the queue for depositing money? I want to deposit coins.
Officer : Oh the queue is here (pointing to the line) but madam [shit... do I look that old to be called madam?] we only accept coins on every Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Me : Huh? Hmm.. then can I know which other branches accept coins today? Does the branch in Vivocity accept coins?
Officer : Err, I am not sure. Let me call the hotline and let the officer there speak to you.
Me : ~!@#$%........ [in my heart!]

... waiting for the officer to dial the hotline... then passes me the phone...

Me : hello... sorry.. I can't hear you because it is too noisy here... hello??? hello???
Officer [on the other end of the line] : bla bla bla.... no, Harbour Front does not accept coins too for today. In fact, we do not accept coins on Saturday, madam. Only Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Me : Oh... Then do you have a coin deposit machine somewhere so that I can deposit my coins?
Officer [on the other end of the line] : No madam, we do not have any coin deposit machines at all.
Me : ~!@#$%........ [in my heart again!] ... Ok, never mind. Thanks. [Hang up the phone].




..... I really was quite disappointed with OCBC. No such service, no coin deposit machines. Nevertheless, I went to another bank, POSB. While I was queing, this young officer [looks like a boy!!!!!] approached me and asked me if he could help me...



Officer (boy) : Hi! Good morning madam. How can I help you?
Me : !@#$%^&... [in my hear again... do I look that old?????!!!!] I am here to deposit my coins..
Officer (boy) : We only accept coin deposits on every Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Me : !!!!! Then how can I deposit my coins when I am working from Monday to Fridays? Why no such service on Saturdays?
Officer (boy) : Sorry, madam. This is the regulation.
Me : !@#$%^&..... [in my heart again...].. You know where or how I can deposit my coins?
Officer (boy) : Well madam.. you can go to the coin deposit machine located at the other entrance of Metro.
Metro is a shopping giant like Jusco, Isetan....
Me : Ok. [smiling in my heart....]



I walked away from the bank and searched the coin deposit machine....
When I arrived at the machine, I looked puzzle. Haha.. this is my first time ever doing coin depositing... As I read the instructions, it mentioned that I will be charged for a depositing fee.... it is a small amount... SGD0.00075.... oklar, I looked at the figure it is not too bad.... small amount of fee will be incurred.




After I got the receipt... then it shows that it is really not worth to do coin depositing on the machine... 1 coin was rejected, so only 199 coins got through. But the fee is SGD1.49. Dang..... I only manage to save SGD197.51.... Not worth it... I would rather use up all the coins....

I wonder if I will get charged if I manage to deposit coins on either a Tuesday or Thursday over the counter???? What a reap off from the bank. Here we are trying to save money but they charge us coin depositing fee. Isn't this discouraging us from the saving habit??? One does wonder....

2 comments:

  1. Hehe...you must've have lost your patience there..Anyway,do't worry you are not old (madam is just the formal salute to ladies I think)...at least still younger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. but it is not normal for asians to call us madam.. it is always miss... haha.. yeap.. i really lost my patience eva since m in SG.

    ReplyDelete