Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer is similar to the ferris wheel in London and Eye of Malaysia. Basically you are inside a capsule and the wheels turned around and you enjoy the view. Well, it is my first time seating in such a large ferris wheel. The largest I had sat is the one in Genting Highlands, for kiddies. Yeap... kiddies ferris wheel. Embarassing? Nope, I do not feel embarassed at all.

The ticket costs around SGD30.

Spectacular view of the wheel before entering the vicinity.

This is the lady who had her first time seating in a large ferris wheel. The audio headband is actually given to all before boarding the capsule. The audio tells you the story/history of the place as the wheel circles.

View from the capsule before the wheel goes up. Amazing! Imagine who would have guess to invent a ferris wheel to allow us to enjoy the view. What a creative mind.

View inside the capsule. I love this cube because it is air conditioned. It is spacious to fit many people. I am not sure how many but there were 5 of us altogether when we boarded this capsule.

That is the dock. The is where it controls the flow of the sea water into the rivers of Singapore.


Sky scrapers of Singapore.
Fly-over above the river.

My cameraman... and also my darling. Cute eh?


Capsule below us. This is pretty scary because it makes you feel like you are floating.

The 2 domes (shape of an eye of an insect, at least to me.) is Esplanade. This is where it houses musical theatres, orchestras, plays, jazz bands and so forth.

Capsule in front of us.


Ferris wheel/capsules above me. Taking this picture way below it is pretty scary because anything can happen. Who knows if you are so unlucky and something just drops right from above you but not to worry because I am pretty sure they have thought of all the safety requirements.

The free feeder bus that takes us from the Flyer to the bus-stop opposite of Peninsula Plaza and St Anne's Church at City Hall area.
Overall, I had a fun time boarding the Singapore Flyer. I might want to try another time during the night time. I want to see how it looks like during the night. I bet it is much spectacular comparing to the day. I guess, it will be another SGD30 to burn. Haha... Actually SGD60 because it is 2 of us but well, it is a small price to pay to get a spectacular view.

1 comment:

  1. i went there 2 weeks ago too! but at night =)

    Hueitze

    ReplyDelete